Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
As a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure prescribed by the NAAC, the college established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in the year 2014. The IQAC is an integral part of the college and it works towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement by developing a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in different aspects of the functioning of the college. The IQAC assures accountability and transparency in the quality management system of the institution and its concern for ensuring quality of education being imparted to various stakeholders such as, students, parents, teachers, staff, management, funding agencies and the society in general.
MACFAST Internal Quality Assurance Cell is a step towards excellence that organizes orientation programmes for faculty, administrative staff and quality circle members. The IQAC monitors the quality parameters in the college and ensures that the standard of excellence reflected in the vision and mission of the college are duly met and sustained. It conducts staff assessment to provide valuable feedback for quality sustenance and improvement in teaching, learning and research experiences in the college. It documents and reports various activities of the college as per the requirements of various higher education authorities and accreditation bodies. A continuous follow up has been made on infrastructural resources of the college to assure adequate, appropriate and better facilities to assure conducive and enabling environment for teaching, learning and research.
In pursuance of its action plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- • Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- • Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
- • Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
• To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
• To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
• To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
• To act as a change agent in the institution.
• To better inter communication.