PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
PO 1 – Knowledge
Apply the basic scientific principles and analytical techniques to find solutions for a tenable future
PO 2 – Technical Competence
Create, select, and apply modern techniques or resources necessary for the practice of knowledge gained.
PO 3 – Critical Inquiry
Use research methods and critical inquiry in a scientific problem including the design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data to provide valid conclusions or solutions.
PO 4 – Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of professional competence in societal and environmental contexts, and exemplify the need for sustainable development.
PO 5 – Ethics
Apply ethical principles in decision-making and commit to professional ethics in the practice of science.
PO 6 – Communication
Competence in oral, written, and visual communication within the professional community and with society at large.
PO 7 – Lifelong learning
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent, interdisciplinary, and life-long learning.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO: M.Sc BIOCHEMISTRY
• PSO1: To understand the structure-function relationships of macromolecules and the interaction between macromolecules and cellular processes at the molecular level.
• PSO2: Acquire scientific knowledge in tools and techniques used in biochemical analysis and apply in experimental processes.
• PSO3: Identify the biochemical basis of metabolical pathways, regulation, and gene expression to generate probable solutions for the treatment of medical disorders.
• PSO4: Gain proficiency in laboratory techniques in both biochemistry and molecular biology and be able to apply the scientific method to the processes of experimentation.
• PSO5: Realize the impact and applications of biochemistry in society.
• PSO6: Present the results, conclusions, and relevance of scientific experiments to a specific audience.
PSO: M.Sc BIOINFORMATICS
• PSO1: Effectively utilize biological databases for the creation, compilation, and analysis of scientific data.
• PSO2: Analyse biological data for generating new knowledge that benefits the environment and society.
• PSO3: Formulate computational algorithms for the application of dynamic biological processes in science.
• PSO4: Interpret the biological processes at the molecular level using computational aids.
• PSO5: Incorporate ethical practices in the application of bioinformatics.
PSO: M.Sc FOOD TECHNOLOGY AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
• PSO1: Correlate cutting-edge technology and science in order to improve food production, packaging, consumption, safety, and hygiene.
• PSO2: Implement diverse food commodity manufacturing, processing, and packaging processes.
• PSO3: Analyse and ensure the quality and safety of food using chemical and microbial analytical techniques.
• PSO4: Produce qualified professionals well versed in food regulations who can improve the agricultural and food processing industries’ standards.
• PSO5: Contribute to the growth and development of the agriculture and food processing industries, resulting in the development of new products.
PSO: M.Sc PHYTOMEDICAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
• PSO1: Demonstrate the ability to work critically with theoretical and research-based knowledge of medicinal plants and their context within the scientific communities
• PSO2: Critically review the scientific knowledge of traditional and modern systems of medicine and the quality systems in the phytopharmaceutical industry
• PSO3: Process and interpret analytical data, formulate conclusions and evaluate with respect to uses of local and indigenous plants.
• PSO4: Explain pharmacognosy in phytotherapy, and its importance in the safety and efficacy of herbal medicine
• PSO5: Apply basics of biological sciences to the cultivation, storage, and effective management of raw drugs or herbal medicines and their molecular mechanism of action.
• PSO6: Acquire knowledge about the economic importance of medicinal aromatic plants and learn the managerial operations of a phytomedical industry
PSO: M.Sc PLANT BIOTECHNOLOGY
• PSO1: Express the basic concepts of biological sciences and apply this knowledge to the comprehension of biotechnological applications
• PSO2: Examine the molecular and genetic aspects of plant systems to the development of biotechnological interventions in plant science
• PSO3: Critical evaluation of plant tissue culture techniques for the conservation of endangered and conserved plant species.
• PSO4: Develop awareness regarding the process of genetic engineering, and evaluate its application in the fields of genomics and proteomics of plant systems
• PSO5: Explore the important adaptive mechanisms of plants against stress factors that lead to the generation of Bioenergy
• PSO6: Equip students with the knowledge of applied research and issues involved in their pursuit of academic goals in terms of intellectual property rights, patents, and related acts and laws.
PSO: M.Sc BIOTECHNOLOGY
• PSO1: Acquire knowledge on the fundamentals of cells, genes, and bio-molecules along with an understanding of instrumentation and software tools which enables them to understand the basic concepts in life sciences.
• PSO2: Acquire knowledge on the interconnection between the basic concepts with the disciplinary and interdisciplinary aspects of biotechnology.
• PSO3: Impart practical skills and scientific knowledge in various domains of Biotechnology
• PSO4: Develop ability to tackle problems by utilizing the conceptual knowledge, analytical techniques, computational and statistical approaches
• PSO5: Understand the current developments in the different areas of biotechnology and enable them to pursue careers in academic and industry in the areas of pharmaceutical and biotechnology
PSO: M.Sc BIONANOTECHNOLOGY
• PSO1: Understand the basics of biological macromolecules and their interactions at the molecular and cellular levels
• PSO2: Develop an expertise in characterisation and synthesis of nanoparticles and bionanoconjugates.
• PSO3: To understand the interaction of nanoparticles with biological systems and their applications in different fields.
• PSO4: Construct and control nanoscale events using guidance from natural systems and develop awareness of industrial trends in nanotechnology
• PSO5: Evaluate the social, ethical and environmental impacts of nanoparticles and nanomaterials